So first of all, what is fasting ? For me it is refraining from a specific action for a certain period of time, or in other words it could mean taking a break/abstaining from doing something.
The fasting I am talking about has to deal with food. Yes.
Not eating for a certain period of time giving your body and organs a much needed break from the constant bombardment we give them on a daily basis.
There are many benefits to fasting which I will get into that may have some interest for those people looking to make a quantum leap in improvement in every area of their life.
A concept so simple and ancient which has been forgotten in today’s modern environment. I truly believe fasting can cure any disease. Our body is intelligent beyond what we believe and therfore has the capacity to heal itself from any disease. many experts already know this, but since there is so much money behind the medical, insurance and big pharma industries, it would be a huge hit for them to promote fasting. Why? First of all, fasting is free. Cant really put it into a bottle and sell it. Secondly, it works, meaning people wouldnt need “medecine” any more. That being said there’s many different ways to fast. Ill get into a few ways in the video but the most common are..
A juice fast involves consuming liquids from fruits or vegetables only. No solid foods are eaten for a specified period of time, which can be anywhere from one day to two weeks. A juice fast is simple but requires some planning to ensure you get enough vitamins and minerals from a variety of fresh fruits and vegetables. Fruit and vegetables can be processed in a juicer, a blender or a food processor. A blend of fruit or vegetables is mixed with water and consumed three to six times daily.
2. A three day water fast can be taken up by those who are well experienced with the one-day fast. A three day fast is little more intense than a 24-Hour fast. It is good to have prior experience with the shorter one-day water fasts. This experience will give you the confidence to take up the longer three-day water fast, which gives much more physical, mental and spiritual benefits.
3. Cleansing fasts use a liquid drink containing lemon juice, some form of simple sugar for calories and cayenne pepper or another spice. The idea is to cleanse the colon of food and toxins. The liquid is drunk 6 to 12 times daily. A more intense cleansing may use a laxative tea consumed twice daily, once in the morning and in the evening. Cleansing fasts can last from one to 14 days. Longer fasts should be supervised, and you should be aware of any symptoms of negative reactions.
4. This fasting method has been very popular for many years and several different methods have been used.
All of them involve splitting the day or week into “eating periods” and “fasting periods.” During the fasting periods, you eat either very little or nothing at all.
These are the most popular methods:
- The 16/8 Method: Also called the lean gains protocol, it involves skipping breakfast and restricting your daily eating period to 8 hours, for example from 1 pm to 9 pm. Then you “fast” for 16 hours in between.
- Eat-Stop-Eat: This involves fasting for 24 hours, once or twice a week, for example by not eating from dinner one day until dinner the next day.
- The 5:2 Diet: On two non-consecutive days of the week, only eat 500-600 calories. Eat normally the other 5 days.
By making you eat fewer calories, all of these methods should make you lose weight as long as you don’t compensate by eating much more during the eating periods.